Saturday, 15 October 2011

A Few Funny Fings :)

I was at my cousins' house the other day for one reason or another, and had to do my maths c homework. At the moment we're studyng proofs, and 'summarising' each one involves writing two massively long and unneccesary (I think) sentences. I was explaining it to my cousin, and rattled it off for him:
'We have shown that if the statement is true for n=k, then it is also true for n=k+1. Thus, if it is true for n=k=1, then it must be true for n=1+1=2, then n=2+1=3, and so on for all integer values of n.' (for the record, I wrote that whole thing off by heart).
There was a pause after I said that, then my cousin said, 'obviously!'
It was so well timed and well said, I almost fell to pieces with laughter. It was hysterical.

We had youth group last night, and all during dinner, we were telling each other the most ridiculous jokes, like:
What do you get if you sit under a cow? A pat on the head.
How did the elephant get out of the tree? He sat on a leaf and waited 'till autumn.
And so on and so forth. What was really funny was that the leader was trying to get us off the topic of really lame jokes, so out she comes with, 'What's you favourite dessert?' We were all waiting for the punchline, until we realised...

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes a joke can be a 'bad' yoke! Weak humour!

    ReplyDelete