Tuesday, 4 October 2011

Aboriginal Paintings

I finally found some photos of our aboriginal paintings (that we did in Kakadu) on mum's SD card (my camera always runs out of battery, so I can never take a lot of photos of anything... :( )

Dad drew the snake, mum drew the (incredibly amazing) kangaroo (that she thinks looks like an overgrown rat), and I drew the other one. I was amazed at how they all turned out! (do you like my green ant?)
I couldn't work out who the other paintings were done by (I think Jo, Dom and Oskar painted turtles...), so I haven't posted them.


Don't they look great!?!


5 comments:

  1. Yes, they are excellent paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wouldn't like a bite from your green ant! he is huge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie,
    I'am at Tases place waiting to come to the airport and pick you up.
    What do you think of all this dot painting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki's painting looks very authentic. How old did you say it was???!!! Thought it might by off a cave painting a few thousand years old. Ah, your Mum is very talented, hey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, yeah - I've always been jealous of mum's painting skills - it used to make me so angry when she could paint a picture so much better than I could! (when I was in primary school, and sometimes in high school. It never seemed to occur to me that she was only, what,twenty years older than me? :)

    ReplyDelete