Friday, 7 October 2011

4th October - to Fitzroy

A lot of funny things happened today.
For example, Dini was reading something, and she saw the word, 'thunk!'
She asked me what it was, and I said it was the noise you make when you hit something really hard. She said, 'oh! I thought it was like, "I thunk a thought"!' It cracked me (and Mum) up!
Then, at Geike Gorge, where we went this afternoon, Dini was busting for the loo. So she pelted up the hill and into the toilet block.
Oskar and I arrived a few seconds later. Oskar marched halfway through the doorway, stopped, glanced at the sign, then yelled, 'Hey, Dini, you'r in the  boys' toilets!'
'She replied with, 'No I'm not!'
'Yes you are!'
No I'm not!'
'Yes you are!'
'No I'm no - oh yeah!'
That cracked me up too. :)
We had a great time relaxing at Catherine Pool these last two nights. We drove yesterday to Saw Pit Gorge for a swim, which was cold but very refreshing (especially since none of us had had a wash since, like, Saturday…). The boys, and eventually Dini and I found pointy rocks, straight sticks and bendy vines and bound them all together to make spears. They were actually very good, until we woke up this morning, and the vine had all dried, and loosened up… :)
Dad had a bit of fun at Saw Pit Gorge going 4WDing - he 'jumped in all the puddles' I guess you could say! Mum videoed him driving over the creek. :) At some places going up the bank, we went on quite a lean, and it fel like the car was going to tip over! Dad had a GR8 time. :) hilarious.
We kick up quite a lot of dust going over the dirt roads. It's very impressive. :) What's not impressive is when massive trucks drive past, kick up the dust, and it's only then that Joseph decides to wind up his window…
Land cruisers seem to be the thing around here - I don't think I've seen any other car that's as popular. :) You drive into a petrol station and there're usually about four, five or six also filling up at the same time! And the guide at Gunlom, in Kakadu, said that Kakadu's tried numerous different types of cars, and the only ones that stood up to the beatings it got was a land cruiser! :) seems like Toyota's the way to go!
We've got a powered site here - the first time since Lake Argyle! Cooper loved being able to use water to his heart's content - we filled him up a bucket, and he just sat in it for ages, splashing around, and generally making a huge mess! He LOVED it! It's hilarious to watch him.
We drove to Geike (pronounced 'gee-kee') Gorge for a walk this afternoon (I say it's for the nerds) (wow, that must be the lamest of the lame). Cooper, as per usual, set a cracking pace, running off ahead. This time, he'd adopted a style previously unknown to us - his hat was on his head, with the string fastened under his nose - it looked like a huge black snotball… interesting…




2 comments:

  1. Cooper in the bucket. Makes me think of Neo trying to cool down in little containers of water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I think last summer they did it together. :) Cooper in one bucket, Neo in the other!

    ReplyDelete