We left at about 7:00 this morning! A record! WA is 1 1/2 hours behind NT, so we've been getting up at 5:30 every morning!!! I guess it's kind of good I wake up so early, so when I fly home, I won't be waking up at 12:00pm. :)
We arrived in Broome around 9:00, and we had an exceptionally fast un-pack. :) There's a HUGE swimming pool here with a big waterfall with a little room behind to sit in. :) And it's got shade!
Here's another funny story:
I cleaned out the car the other day, and when Dad came to inspect it, Cooper came too. I don't know where he picked up the words, but as Cooper, 'inspected' the car too, he said, 'wow, that's an incredible car, Katie!'
Just think of him, in his cute little voice, saying that! It came out more like, 'wow, that's an incwedible car!'
He also started singing the minecraft parody of the song 'Dynamite' yesterday. It was the funniest thing. :) He just loves to sing. We'll be singing to a tape in the car, or singing grace, and he'll just join in with his own version. :) It's so cute. I tried videoeing it, butof course the moment I asked him to sing it again, he shook his head determinedly. :(
I think almost every lunch on this trip we've had salad sandwiches. Since our fridge is completely hopeless (15 degrees on a good day...), Mum's taken it upon herself to buy us all tinned meat, which looks, smells and tastesmore like dogfood than anything half edible. I think she's bought tinned corned beef, tinned chicken, tinned every other kind of meat. Every lunch meal is a disaster - we spend half the time holding our noses and (almost) puking... Not a success...
Mum loves her iPad. She plays on it every chance she gets (which isn't often - I think us kids hog it a lot... usually when we're not allowed...). She's now got internet on there, because Dad fixed the charger for the internet box so she can have internet. :) So she writes her blog posts on there, and sticks them up on the blog. :)
Her only annoyance is that she can't get any photos on the blog with it - yet - so she has to use mine for that. :)
The caravan park here in Broome is really nice. There are quite a few permanent caravan-ers, the place is full of trees (there's a mango tree right next to our caravan!!! YAY!), the pool is beautiful (except it's chockers with chlorine or some other chemical that tastes downright foul in your mouth), and we're really liking it. :) Dad picked up a leaflet at reception for car hires (he wants to see if our investment in a 4WD was worth it), and do you know what the company name was??? 'Broome Broome Car Services' (or something close to). I pointed it out to dad, and he said he hadn't even noticed. :) I thought that was particularly ingenious on their part.
It's nearly Saturday and you will be flying to Brisbane on Sunday. woohoo.
ReplyDeleteI can tell you're excited!!!! :) As for me, well, I'm getting to stay with you, but I have to start school the day after I arrive... :(
ReplyDeleteI think you will get to stay with us too! Lillian and Rosie are excited.
ReplyDelete