I actually got cold today. Yes, believe it or not, at two times today, I was freezing and wishing that I had warmer clothes on…
Perhaps I should explain myself. Today was a really hot day, but this morning I woke up covered in a blanket - and needing it! It was a very cold night.
We drove to Windjana Gorge, but before that we went to Tunnel Creek. That was amazing, awesome, fun, dark, very wet, and quite cold. :) Although it was a hot day, down under the rock felt like an air conditioner was on high! It was really really nice.
We went into a huge cave that was full of water - the creek ran through it, and you had to walk through the water!
It was heaps of fun to splash through the creek in our sneakers (yes, our sneakers got very wet - we have a huge line of wet sneakers lined up drying outside our caravan tonight!).
At some places, the water was up to our waists! Oskar had to hold Mum's hand, and Cooper had to be piggybacked. :) At the end was a little waterhole (that was really warm after the (very cold) tunnel) that we all swam in. I didn't take off my sneakers for that, because I knew them I would never be able to get them on again!
By the end of it, my shoes were so full of grit I would have been better off without them! I had a growth in the sie of my sock that was chock full of sand. :)
We're staying tonight at Windjana Gorge. Can you beieve!?! There are FLUSHING TOILETS and SHOWERS at this roadstop!!
Flushing toilets and showers. Is that all you are going to remember about north-west Australia? :-)
ReplyDeleteThat cave would have been sooooo cool (as in exciting and adventerous) to go through. Glad that Cooper made it out! He would have been a bit hard to find in the dark!
ReplyDeletePossibly, although I think he'd probably scream the place down if he couldn't find us...
ReplyDelete