Tuesday, 7 June 2011

Day 1: discovering the wonderful world of... blogging

The first thing you're probably wondering is - why, why, why?
Why a blog? Why the mad hatter? Why this? why that? why the other thing?
Well, there were several reasons as to why I felt like pinning my life up on a pinboard visible to the world.
First, none of my friends have done it. I love doing new things, don't you? It keeps life fresh and interesting.
Secondly, my family (and I) are (hopefully) going to be doing a trip around australia this year, and I thought it would be a lot of fun to have somewhere I could tell everybody - friends, family - about what, exactly, we've been up to. I didn't name my blog anything to do with that though, because it'll be about more than just that.
Thirdly, I love writing. (Fact #1: I'm writing a book). It's fun, interesting, entertaining, a good way to mop up extra time on your plate (not that your average teen has much free time...), and a whole pile of other things to boot.
So I figure, if one of my ambitions is to write, why not start now?
Lastly, I have a big family - not huge, just my five siblings, parents and I. A lot happens around here, and I thought that perhaps some people out there could get some entertainment from it - who knows?

As for the mad hatter, in case you're wondering, no, that's not my nickname: never has been, and probably never will be.
My blog's name didn't come from alice in wonderland, but from the saying, 'mad as a hatter'. I'm a reasonably serious, calm person usually, but I can be really mad. I love being mad. I make up funny songs, tell lame jokes, and generally drive my friends up the wall. It's one of the most amusing things in the world.
(Mad Hatter also happened to go well with musings).
SO.....
That's probably enough information to start with.
I really should be studying form my Maths B exam tomorrow, but I was itching to get this started...

1 comment: